Thursday, January 2, 2014

Instant Casserole

I'm too fat to fit into most of my pants, but it's too icy and snowy outside to reasonably expect myself to eat a salad after a workout.  In a fit of culinary madness, I took a look around my kitchen and developed "Instant Casserole".  It's stick-to-your-ribs satisfying, but not crazy on the calories and carbs.  You don't get a picture.  It's ugly.  Like a casserole.
 
What you need:

One bag of steamable broccoli and cauliflower
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 13 oz. can of fat free chicken breast
1/4 c skim milk
a handful of bacon bits
a generous sprinkling of parmesan (the green can stuff is fine)
garlic salt
crushed red pepper flakes

What you do:

1) Pop the vegetables in the microwave and start them cooking for 5 minutes
2) Add the soup, milk, and bacon bits to your pan.  Stir until smooth.
3) Add the canned chicken.
4) Add spices to taste.
5) When the veggies beep, dump them right into your pan.
6) Serve with sprinkled parmesan.

Seriously, less than ten minutes from start to finish.  And a giant serving (I served this as two portions) is about 400 calories.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment